Choosing a top PRP Specialist at a Boston Medical Spa
Platelet-rich plasma, or PRP, treatment is gaining popularity as a way of rejuvenating the skin and restoring thinning hair, thanks to endorsements by celebrities and online influencers. PRP is a cosmetic injectable treatment which uses platelet-rich plasma extracted from your own blood. This plasma solution is rich in stem cells and growth rich platelets, which stimulate your body to produce more collagen and elastin, accelerating healing and cell renewal.
Are you considering having platelet rich plasma therapy to rejuvenate your skin or help with hair loss? Are you unsure about which Boston PRP specialist to choose? It is important that you choose the right PRP specialist for your treatment, so that you receive the best possible results. A top PRP specialist in Boston will:
- Be a board-certified physician with a strong educational background, having undertaken fellowships and residencies at top institutions.
- Have plenty of experience in administering PRP injections and a proven track record of achieving excellent results with no complications.
- Be based in a reputable Boston medical spa with access to state-of-the-art technology and equipment.
- Have plenty of positive reviews and testimonials from their previous patients, confirming their high standard of care.
- Be friendly and approachable, taking the time to listen to your treatment goals.
What does PRP do for your face?
PRP treatment can help to knock years off the age of your face. But, what does this innovative treatment actually do to your facial skin?
- When injected into targeted areas of the skin, PRP delivers an abundance of skin repairing growth factors, regenerating tissue and improving the skin’s tone and texture.
- PRP stimulates collagen and elastin production, which helps to tighten and thicken thinning skin. This means that PRP treatment is especially helpful if you are concerned about fine lines and wrinkles and are hoping to smooth out the appearance of your skin.
- As it evens out the tone of your skin, PRP therapy can be really useful for patients suffering from acne or rosacea and for improving the appearance of sun damage.
- PRP plumps up sagging skin, giving you a more youthful-looking complexion.
- PRP therapy can be used to treat areas of the face which are too delicate or difficult to reach with alternative treatments, for example minimizing the appearance of dark circles in the area directly underneath your eyes.
As well as its cosmetic use, PRP therapy also has a number of clinical applications. PRP injections can be used to accelerate the healing of soft tissue injuries involving the muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. PRP is also a safe and effective treatment option for patients presenting with tennis elbow. If you are seeking PRP treatment for any medical condition, then you should consult with a qualified orthopedic surgeon.
How long does it take for PRP to work?
A question that we get asked a lot is, “how long does it take for PRP to work?” To be honest, this is a difficult question to answer as the time it takes to see visible results depends upon the extent of your issue, your body’s natural healing capabilities and, to some extent, your age. Typically, you can expect to see visible results about a week after your PRP injections. However, it can take up to 3 months to see the full effect of your treatment, so you will need to be patient! Your PRP results will last for between 1 and 2 years after your treatment.
Is PRP better than fillers?
Whether you choose to have PRP therapy or dermal fillers in an entirely personal decision.
PRP therapy is a natural alternative to other cosmetic injectables, such as Botox and dermal fillers. As it uses a solution derived from your own blood, PRP carries less risk of adverse effects and complications. PRP is also longer lasting than both Botox and dermal fillers as it’s effects on collagen production are gradual.
Of course, you can combine PRP treatment with Botox, dermal fillers or laser treatments to enhance your results. Combining PRP treatment with a microneedling session can be particularly effective and is very popular.
What are the side effects of PRP?
If you are concerned about the side effects that you may experience with PRP treatment – don’t be! As a completely natural solution, there is minimal risk of negative effects or an allergic reaction with PRP therapy. Following your treatment, you may experience some redness or swelling at the injection site, but this should resolve itself after a few days. If you experience any adverse effects that persist or concern you, then you should seek medical advice from your PRP specialist.
Am I a good candidate for PRP?
If you are looking for a minimally invasive and natural procedure to improve your skin tone and texture, then PRP is for you. If you have uneven skin tone, fine lines and wrinkles, sun damage, acne scars or hyperpigmentation, you may be a good candidate for PRP. The best way of determining your suitability for PRP treatment is to book an initial consultation with your PRP specialist. He or she will perform a thorough assessment of your skin and ask about your medical history to see whether PRP is right for you.
Schedule an initial consultation at Evolution MedSpa today
At Evolution MedSpa Boston, you will be offered the highest level of patient care from our highly qualified and experienced board-certified doctors. Dr. Eric Cappiello and Dr. Mariam Cappiello are passionate about achieving exceptional results for you.
Our state-of-the-art medical spa is conveniently located within the Natick area of Boston, so give Evolution MedSpa a call today and book an initial consultation with a top Boston PRP specialist. Alternatively, you can schedule your appointment online.