What can a Medspa doctor do for you?
Given their increasing popularity over the past few years, you have probably heard a little bit about medical spas, or as they are also referred to, ‘medspas’ and ‘medispas’. Have you ever wondered what makes a medical spa any different from a conventional day spa? Rest assured, you are not alone. Many patients are confused about what each facility can offer them, but there are some key differences between the two.
So what makes a spa aesthetic experience different from a medical aesthetic experience? Most importantly, Medspas are medical practices, operated under the direct supervision of a licensed physician. Meanwhile, staff employed at traditional day spas do not normally possess any medical credentials, with treatments typically being performed by trained estheticians. This means that medical spas can offer patients medical procedures in a relaxing and peaceful, spa-like environment.
When attending a medical spa for cosmetic treatment, you should receive an initial consultation with a licensed doctor, a nurse practitioner, or a physician assistant, to assess your suitability for the procedure. Your treatment may be administered by a medical professional, under the direct supervision of licensed physicians acting as medical directors, or in some facilities, the physician will administer the treatment themselves. As an example, at Evolution MedSpa Boston, all of our cosmetic treatments are performed by one of our leading, board-certified and Harvard-trained doctors. Make sure that you carry out some careful research before committing to your treatment and that you are aware of who will be carrying out the procedure for you.
Medspa doctors can offer you a wide range of non-surgical and non-invasive cosmetic treatments, with a particular focus on anti-aging procedures, such as Botox and dermal fillers. These treatments are more complex and elaborate than those available at a day spa, usually containing more potent active ingredients and using the latest innovative technology.
If you wish to receive long-lasting and highly effective medical treatment, administered by a highly qualified and experienced physician, in a pampering environment, then a medical spa is the right place for you. Allow yourself to embrace a little bit of luxury!
What are the most popular Medspa services?
A trip to a medical spa can leave you feeling and looking at your very best. At a top Medspa, you can access skincare and body treatments that let you walk out looking younger and more toned with smoother and rejuvenated skin. A medical spa can offer you a comprehensive menu of cosmetic treatments, some of which you may have never even considered.
Some of the most popular procedures available at a Medspa include:
- Botox and dermal fillers –the goal of these cosmetic injectables is to smooth out the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, allowing you to reverse the signs of aging.
- CoolSculpting – helps to eliminate excess fat cells from underneath the surface of the skin.
- Kybella – is the only FDA-approved injectable to treat submental fat (chin fat).
- Microneedling – a collagen-stimulating treatment that rejuvenates the skin and improves skin conditions, such as acne scarring, loose skin, brown spots, and fine lines and wrinkles.
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) treatment –an innovative procedure that harnesses your body’s own healing abilities to improve the condition of your skin and promote hair growth in those suffering from hair loss.
- Chemical peels – these are used to remove dead cells at the surface of your skin and stimulate the growth of new skin cells.
- Hydration therapy – favored by many a celebrity, hydration therapy helps to replenish fluids and electrolytes, restoring optimal hydration and boosting your immune system.
- Laser hair removal – delivers dramatic and permanent results, eliminating or substantially reducing unwanted hair.
How much does MedSpa treatment cost?
One of the most common questions we get asked is ‘how much does treatment at a medical spa cost?’ Unfortunately, there is no straight forward answer to this question as costs vary significantly from patient to patient depending upon your choice of treatment and your ultimate goals. While it can be tempting to hunt for money-saving spa offers, the quality of your treatment should be your top priority. While you can expect to shell out more to get your treatment performed by a highly skilled and experienced phsician, the high quality of results that you achieve will be worth it.
You should schedule an initial consultation with your doctor, prior to committing to your treatment. At this appointment, you should discuss the cost of your treatment, as well as any available financing options that you may be able to take advantage of.
Schedule an initial consultation with a top Medspa doctor today
Evolution MedSpa Boston is a leading medical spa, located in the Natick area of Boston. Our friendly and approachable board-certified doctors, Dr. Eric Cappiello and Dr. Mariam Cappiello are committed to providing all of their patients with comprehensive physician-led care. Drs. Cappiello both trained at Harvard and have extensive experience in performing a full range of cosmetic treatments for their many patients.
Give our office a call today to schedule your initial consultation with our leading cosmetic specialists. Alternatively, you can book your appointment online straight away!